However, many SEO reports fail because they are just a compilation dashboards created by tools that track SEO metrics. I reached out via Twitter to get 41% of respondents who said that only dashboards with data are needed for SEO reporting.
and for more detail visit
Google Sitemaps’ are a powerful SEO tool that you can download for free through my website as
While data from our SEO dashboards may be included in reports, it can’t replace them as an entire: An SEO dashboard is a visualization tool that provides the most recent, most important status of all metrics. We can easily track its progress and monitor its progress by using this visualization resource.
An SEO report, however, is a document containing key performance indicators and analysis from a given time period.
aus – which are often non-technical stakeholders and decision-makers – won’t understand. This leads to more questions than answers.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
Even personalized SEO dashboards cannot achieve all SEO reporting goals. This is especially considering that many SEOs don’t always present the following reports.
* Communicate SEO outcomes: The SEO process evolution towards established goals (what’s been achieved vs. the expected).
* Discuss the reasons for SEO results. Why are different areas not changing as expected.
* Take steps to get SEO results.
The greatest problem in developing customized SEO reports is the timing constraints. Although we often feel the need to create reports fast to return to “SEO execution”, most SEO reporting is only a monthly effort.
It’s easy to achieve your SEO reporting goals. These are three principles that you need to keep in mind.
1. Use only meaningful KPIs, which communicate your results
SEO reports should be clear and concise.
Avoid confusing proprietary analytics as they can be unreliable, and are difficult to connect to your real SEO goals.
Reports don’t have to include everything that you monitor. Key Performance Indicators are only those that indicate progress towards SEO goals that your audience is actually interested.
KPIs should be tailored to each case, based on the audience profile. CMO and CEO will have different goals regarding SEO. SEO activities revenue, SEO market share, and SEO activities ROI are all different than those the SEO director is interested. SEO activities revenue, organic search marketshare, and ROI. ).
Due to this, KPIs used for the reports targeting the former will be different to those used for the latter.
Here are some criteria and steps that can help you to select the relevant KPIs to include with your SEO reports.
* Begin by defining your SEO audience. Who are you going to report on? Each audience will be able to answer different questions regarding the SEO process’s progress. Ask each stakeholder for information about their SEO goals. It is important to ensure these are not just words.
* These should be “SMARTER SEO” goals (specific and measurable, attainable. relevant, time-bound. evaluated, reviewed). They should connect SEO efforts with business goals. The stakeholder role can vary depending on whether they are operational or business-related. These goals should be agreed upon with SEO reports. These questions will make it easier to establish KPIs to be reported, and also the metrics to measure and obtain to calculate them. If you cannot establish meaningful metrics to calculate the KPIs, and answer goals progress questions then your goal might not be as smart.
* Ensure that data sources for metrics are reliable and trusted by stakeholders. Establish a couple methods to obtain the same data in order to check consistency. If accuracy is not possible for some KPIs then ensure precision (its consistency throughout time).
* Determine the scope, frequency, format and medium for the SEO report. Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Docs, etc. Establish expectations about reporting frequency to avoid over-frequent reports.
Now, you can start gathering data and putting together SEO reports using only relevant KPIs and understanding metrics. For further assistance, you can use the Google sheet version to create your SEO report Planner.